Food Storage Analyzer™ Preparedness Pantry Blog Independence Acres: Rain Rain...

Monday, June 11, 2012

Rain Rain...

It's been a few days since I last posted, we've had loads of rain this past week, which makes working outside darn near impossible! The good news about all the rain is that I'm not lugging the garden hoses all over the front acre around the house! Now that's thinking positive! I have been able to get some organizing done around the house, and I've been working on taking inventory of what seeds I'd really like to get more of. I was able to get some weeding done around my pink buddleia and it had butterflies on it earlier when the sun came out for a few minutes. The lavender is blooming now, as is more of my canna, which I have been offering as a trade for seeds and cuttings I don't have. I have 3 varieties of canna, an orange, a red, and one with dark burgundy leaves that has yet to bloom. I'm really looking forward to seeing what color that one is :). I also found out my well bladder may be going bad, which will be bad news indeed as I have no idea how to fix it. So we need to call someone to fix the porch roof and someone to fix the well- That will definitely cut into the plant fund! In other news, my chicks I purchased several months ago are getting big, I should be able to release them into general population soon. Mr. Roo will be happy to have a few new ladies for his harem, and I will be happy to get the extra eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment